Wednesday, September 18, 2013

China Glaze Bohemian Lustre Chrome Collection Watermarble

Hey there!  Tonight I want to show you a watermarble I did this past weekend.  Watermarbling is my nemesis (I'm sure I'm not alone there).  I absolutely LOVE the look of them but when I try them either my polish won't spread or it sinks or when I go to marble it I just break the polish or everything looks good and I just end up with polish up to my elbows.  I've read and watched tutorial after tutorial, I keep a jug of room temperature distilled water (as in lab-grade ultra-pure water) on hand and I still feel hopeless.  BUT this one pretty much worked.  Woohoo!

Originally I wanted nails that looked like an oil slick and I thought the China Glaze Bohemian collection from last year would make the perfect polishes to use.  They're duochrome and metallic...what's not to like?!

China Glaze Bohemian Watermarble




I first used a coat of OPI Black Onyx and then proceeded to watermarble using all 6 of the Bohemian polishes: Deviantly Daring, No Plain Jane, Rare and Radiant, Swanky Silk, Unpredictable and Want My Bawdy.  I didn't want a flowery pattern here so I used this tutorial to get a more striped look.


China Glaze Bohemian Watermarble - chubby fingers

China Glaze Bohemian Watermarble
So I didn't get quite the oil slick look I was looking for.  There are a couple of boo-boo's and they look a bit halloween-y but I was still pretty proud of finally getting a watermarble to work!

Direct light
I bought all these polishes from Nail Polish Canada.  

'Til next time...


No comments: