Friday, October 25, 2013

Picture Polish Inspire Shades: Believe, Dream and Love

Hey there!  Today I want to show you three relatively new Picture Polish shades, the "Inspire Shades": Believe, Dream and Love.  These beauties haven't gotten as much attention as, say, the collaboration shades but they definitely deserve some love too.



The polishes were born to inspire one of the Picture Polish ladies, Jules, in her journey to stop biting her nails.  How great is PP for doing that?!  You go Jules!  Maybe I should use them to inspire me to quit some of my vices (I'm looking at you Coca-Cola...).

Believe is a dark purple (dark enough that, in the bottle, my sis thought it was black) with a blue shimmer.  I had a heck of a time getting a photograph of this one so you'll have to trust me when I say the shimmer is strong.



Next up is Dream, a bright pink but with some purple undertones.  It's not the bubble gum pink that the  bottle shot on the PP website makes it look like.  



The third shade is named Love.  It's a bright red squishy creme.  It reminded me of Zoya's Sooki, my go-to bright red that I used here.



I had no application issues with any of these.  An easy two coats and you're good to go.  

I wanted to come up with some way to show the three of these together in one manicure.  They're not quite opaque enough to easily use on their own in nail art (but I'm a beginner so what do I know?) so I tried making stamper decals for the second time.  So, with Believe on as my base, I used decals made using an image from MoYouLondon Princess Plate 09 and Konad White.  Then I filled the heart with Love and the stars with Dream.  My impatience made the image streak when I covered the decal with topcoat but you get the gist I hope.  


So what about you?  Are there any habits you'd like to break?  I hope I'm not the only one with bad habits!  

'Til next time...



No comments: