Monday, December 9, 2013

Holiday Garland Nail Art

Hey there!  Today I have some more holiday decoration nail art to share.  I mentioned yesterday that I had created two manicures for the Nail Polish Canada Holiday Nail Art Challenge.  I already showed you some festive wreaths.  Today I have some Christmas tree decorations for you.




I started with two coats of Picture Polish Kryptonite.  I purchased this color specifically because I knew it'd be great for Christmas nail art.  And I was right.  I've already used it three times!


Then I added the layout for the garland using China Glaze With Love and some Christmas tree balls using A England Perceval and Maybelline Bold Gold and a dotting tool.  I tried making them look more realistic by using Essie No Place Like Chrome for the hangers (what do you call that little piece that goes into the ball?) and Pure Ice Superstar! for a little white "shine".


After that was all dry, I put some non-quick dry top coat over the garland and then sprinkled on some red flocking powder.  If you want to try this, make sure it's dry otherwise the flocking powder will stick everywhere.  I've never tried flocking powder before...what a mess!  My skin looked like it belonged to a little red fuzzy monster after this.  But it wasn't so bad to clean up, honest.  




There you have it.  Tonight I absolutely have to do something with colours other than red and green.  Christmas is two and a half weeks away and I'm already craving some non-holiday colors.  

'Til next time...











No comments: