Monday, February 10, 2014

Hawaii Nail Art & Zoya Arizona Swatch

Aloha!  This is my 100th post!  And today I'm trying my hand for the first time at scheduling a post.  Maybe that tells you what a procrastinator I am, never having posts ready to go ahead of time.  Today I've set this to post as my plane should be taking off for Hawaii.  I'm going to Maui for 11 days...woohoo!  I'm hoping to get enough of these scheduled posts written up before I leave that you guys shouldn't miss me too much, haha!


I wore this mani last week to show how excited I was to go to Hawaii.  I've only been to Hawaii once before.  In 2008 I went to Oahu for an ultimate frisbee tournament.  This trip will be quite different as it'll just be me, my mom and one of my sisters.  I'm expecting it to be far more relaxing since I won't be trying to sprint around an ultimate field in 30 degree Celsius weather.  Trust me, my Canadian body doesn't like running in that kind of heat.  Let's be honest, my body doesn't really like running at all...

Anyways, this mani started with 3 coats of Arizona, one of my fave orange polishes.  It just looks juicy and yummy.


Then I randomly sponged on some Picture Polish Flirt (pink), China Glaze Grape Pop (purple) and Sally Hansen Lightening (yellow).  I didn't try to blend it at all because I wanted it to look kind of chunky.


For the stamping I used Cheeky Jumbo Plate 2 (fittingly named "Tropical Holiday).  




If any of you have been to Maui and read this in the next week, please comment with suggestion for activities we should try.  I'm way too technology-dependent to go offline while on vacation.  We'll be there for World Whale Day which is pretty neat so I booked us a whale watching tour with the founder of the Pacific Whale Foundation that I'm really excited for!  

'Til next time...







No comments: