Monday, February 17, 2014

Knitted Sweater Nail Stamping & Essie Chinchilly

Hey there!  It feels very strange to be sitting in Hawaii while I write about a very winter-appropriate nail look.  But since I'll be home soon enough with the snow and the cold, I thought now would be a good time to show these.


Originally I had seen Marta from Chit Chat Nails post a similar look on Facebook and I had to find out what polish she used.  She replied and said it was Essie Chinchilly so I bought it straight away.  It's not quite grey, not quite purple but all around awesome.  I believe this was 2 coats plus top coat.


For the stamping I used Revlon Dominate (my go-to dark brown polish) and the knitted pattern from Vivid Lacquer VL004.  Here it is with top coat since I always use a quick dry top coat before adding matte top coat so I don't streak the stamping.  




Then I added a coat of Essie Matte About You.  Unfortunately my bottle of this was about 3/4 empty and, as I learned after the fact, this top coat has a tendency to leave white spots when the bottle is getting towards the end of its life.  Darn!  I'm not sure if all matte top coats do this but, if you know, please share :-)


I think I like this more shiny than matte but that could just be because of the darn white spots.  What do you think?

'Til next time...







No comments: