Monday, March 31, 2014

Indigo Bananas Maui Double French Manicure

Nothing to Disclose

Hey there!  Today I want to show you guys a polish that I seriously instantly fell in love with.  My new love's name is Maui and she comes from Indigo Bananas.


Maui can be worn on it's own but after testing it over black, I decided that was how I wanted to wear it.  This is two coats of Maui over one coat of A England Camelot plus top coat.  It's a bright teal with a strong purple shift plus scattered holographic particles.


On a whim I decided to do a double french manicure though I'm not sure if that's the correct term for this so if you know of a better one, please let me know.  I used two pieces of striping tape and A England Camelot to get this look.




One other thing I liked about this polish is the finish it creates.  The holo particles give it an almost foil-like finish.  Here's a close-up shot.


Andrea from Indigo Bananas also has a polish called Maui Wowee.  When I emailed to ask the difference she explained that Maui Wowee is lighter and is a linear holographic, with a similar blue-purple colour shift.  Considering my love for Maui, I'm tempted to buy Maui Wowee too!

'Til next time...




No comments: