Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Blue & White Porcelain Nail Stamping & Mentality Brute

Hey there!  Have you ever seen that blue and white porcelain/china?  I grew up thinking it was part of the Dutch culture since my grandparents on one side of my family are Dutch.  Well when I wore these, a coworker of mine from Latvia said that this type of pottery is from Russia.  And then my Iranian coworker said they have it in Iran.  And when I google it, it says it's Chinese.  I guess many parts of the world have their own version of blue and white wares so I'm generically going to refer to it as just "blue and white porcelain".  Check out after the jump to see what products I used for this.



Unfortunately I wore these three weeks ago and strangely didn't make any notes of what I did.  So I don't know how many coats of Mentality Brute this is but I believe it was two coats.  On its own it has a shimmery matte finish so here it is without top coat.


I thought Brute would be opaque enough to stamp with but when I tested it, it wasn't so I went with white stamping over the blue.  The image I used is from MoYou London Pro -02.  I used Mundo de Unas white for the stamping polish.  


On my pinky and index finger, I added a couple of white studs that I believe I got on Ebay.  Then I added some top coat to seal them.  The top coat killed the matte effect of Brute but I like it shiny too :-)



So where do you think of when you see this blue and white colour combo?

'Til next time...









No comments: