Monday, May 5, 2014

Hawaiian Gradient & China Glaze Spring In My Step

Hey there!  How was everybody's weekend?  As silly as it sounds, I spent mine practically in mourning for my nails.  I chopped them down to nubbins because ultimate frisbee league starts this week and I didn't want to risk any badly broken nails.  I think I have a couple of weeks worth of pics to post before you'll see them though.  And to top it all off, it snowed...in May...ridiculous!

I did these awhile ago shortly after I received my order containing some of the China Glaze City Flourish collection.  Unfortunately my photos do not do the neons justice.  I think I've almost figured out how to take pictures of neons (the loves of my life) now but I didn't have any tricks up my sleeve when I took these.


I'll start with a swatch of China Glaze Spring In My Step, a pale pink.  I adore the colour but honestly this polish drags so bad that it has to be one of the most difficult formulas I've come across.  This is three coats plus top coat.


I added a gradient with China Glaze Neon & On & On (from last summer's collection) and Thistle Do Nicely (from the City Flourish collection).  This is where my camera fails me.  Both of these are SO bright, especially Thistle Do Nicely but that isn't apparent here. 


I then stamped these flowers from the Pueen72, one of the Stamping Buffet plates.  I'm not sure if I'm completely sold on these plates.  They stamp great but I still haven't figured out how to choose which parts of large images like this to use.  



That's all for now.

'Til next time...






No comments: