Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Inspired by Shoes...

Hey there!  I've mentioned that I'm not the most creative person on earth so I have to look around for nail inspiration.  Well the other weekend I decided I wanted to try to replicate the pattern on a pair of my sister's shoes.  Strange but not too strange since I've already been inspired by her towel.  And yes, I touched a pair of my sister's dirty shoes just to take pictures.  See how much I love you guys...



I did these the weekend I received my first Loaded Lacquer order.  After seeing Marta from Chit Chat Nails' swatch of Coconut I wanted it so as soon as it was restocked I jumped on it (along with the rest of the vibrant Jiggles set...another post coming soon with some of the others).  So here is Coconut before the stamping (3 coats).  I love it.


Then I stamped with a checkered patterns from Konad M93 and Wet n Wild Black Creme.  This black stamps great but isn't as opaque as Konad or Mundo de Unas and I wanted it to look a bit faded.


The flowers are stamped with Mundo de Unas White and Winstonia W212.  I used a dotting tool and Sally Hansen Lightening  for the flower centres (albeit, sometimes quite poorly centred).




So what do you think?  Did I replicate her shoes okay?  And does anyone know of a good daisy stamping image?  I realized that even though I have about a katrillion stamping plates I didn't have any that have daisies like I was looking for...

'Til next time...










No comments: