Tuesday, May 13, 2014

My First "One Stroke" Flowers & Zoya Perrie

Hey there!  Today I wanted to show you my first attempt at "one stroke" flowers.  I had to put that in quotation marks because saying this only took me one stroke would be a bit of an underestimate.  They actually weren't that hard thanks to this tutorial from Lucy's Stash.




Apparently Radiant Orchid is Pantone's Color of the Year.  Now I have to admit my ignorance.  I had no idea radiant orchid was a colour and I still don't know what Pantone is so feel free to clue me in.  But after seeing All Lacquered Up's best radiant orchid nail polish poll results I decided to buy Zoya Perrie and see what this colour looks like.  It's lovely.  This is two coats plus top coat.


For the flowers I used white and purple acrylic paint and a small flat paint brush.  I did have to go over the petals a couple of times to get good coverage.  


I added a few black and yellow dots to the centre of the flowers.  I think I added too many but the dots do help make them look like flowers.  


What do you think?  I actually really liked these so I think I'll be trying more one stroke flowers again soon.  Practice makes perfect, right?  

'Til next time...




No comments: