Friday, May 16, 2014

Some Serum No. 5 SS14 Glow In The Dark Polishes

Hey there!  Woohoo!  It's a long weekend here in Canada and the weather is almost halfway decent so in a few short hours I'll be headed to my family's cabin for the first time since last fall.  It's my happy place so, even with 4 dogs and a 3 year old, I'm planning on doing plenty of relaxing.

Today I wanted to show you some Serum No. 5 polishes that I purchased from the Spring/Summer 2014 (Part 1) collection.  After the jump you can see what polishes I bought.


I admit that I have A LOT of polishes in my stash but Serum No. 5's glow in the dark's are some of my favourites.  I guess I just like my polishes to do tricks for me sometimes, haha.  To save myself some words, I'll say now that each of these were three coats plus top coat.

I want to show my favourite first.  This is Blue Blazes, a light blue that has a super strong turquoise glow.  The stamping images are from MoYou London Pro-05.



My second favourite is Glowin' of Eden, a bright mint green with a glow equally as strong as Blue Blazes.  I think these two have the strongest glow I've ever come across.  Maybe Serum No. 5 Day Glow is in that competition too but it'd be a tight race.  The cute frog stamping images are from Vivid Lacquer VL012.



The third polish is Awesome Blossom.  This one dried quite gritty so it needed two coats of top coat.  It's glow is the weakest of the ones I bought.  The colour is similar to Serum No. 5's Pink Lantern (which I believe is only available in October) but Awesome Blossom glows violet and Pink Lantern glows peach.  This one was stamped with a hearts image from Messy Mansion MM31.



Lastly this is Laven-daringly Bright, a pretty pastel lilac purple.  This one glows a similar colour to Awesome Blossom but with a slightly stronger glow.  Here the stamping image is from Pueen39.  



There you have my picks from this part of the SS14 collection.  I recently saw on Instagram that Victoria from Serum No. 5 is planning on releasing some neon glow in the darks and you know that I'll be sitting at my computer waiting to snatch them up the second they're released!

'Til next time...












No comments: