Sunday, May 4, 2014

Sunday Stamping - Cinco de Mayo

Hey there!  Happy Sunday to you!  This week's Adventures in Stamping challenge theme is Cinco de Mayo which, admittedly, I know very little about since it's not widely celebrated here in Canada.  So, with the help of Google, here's what I came up with for this theme.  



As is very common lately, this started with a white base of OPI Alpine Snow.  I then sponged on a bit of red (China Glaze With Love) and green (OPI Jade Is The New Black) to represent the Mexico flag.  


I made some quick stamping decals with the rockin' chili images from Winstonia W211 and the maracas from Bundle Monster BM-H24.


And lastly the Cinco de Mayo image also comes from Bundle Monster BM-H24.  Unfortunately my nails aren't quite wide enough to stamp them easily with this image so it ended up looking more like "cinco de may" so I guess it's some sort of language fusion.


So happy Cinco de Mayo to those of you south of the border(s) who celebrate this holiday.  I hope you approve of this manicure :-)

'Til next time...







No comments: