Sunday, May 11, 2014

Sunday Stamping - Spring Nails

Hey there!  Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there.  Last night I had about a 17 hour exposure to what it would be like to be a mom while my 3 year old niece had a sleepover and, let me say, kudos to you guys!  I'm generally a complete insomniac but after a few hours with her I was ready for bed by 11 pm (which NEVER happens)!

I wasn't going to post my Sunday Stamping "Spring Nails" mani this week for a couple of reasons.  Partially because I didn't really love how they turned out but mainly because I haven't mentally adjusted to having mini nails yet.  Even after I chopped them down last weekend, I STILL broke my middle nail on my picture hand this week at ultimate.  Damn that 175 gram piece of plastic flying at my hands (and nails) at high speeds!  But I think I'm going to have to get used to having nubbins so I'm going to suck it up and post them now.



Okay now that you've seen them, here's how I didn't them.  I started with a white base (Milani White On The Spot) and then did a gradient of China Glaze Dandy Lyin' Around and Grass Is Lime Greener.  Then I stamped on the butterflies and blossoms from MoYou London Suki -08.


Then I used the leadlight/glazing technique using some Kleancolor Chunky Holo polishes.  They're perfect for this because they're nice and sheer and have a tiny bit of sparkle.  


So there you have it.  I still have a few more posts worth of pics from before ultimate started so you'll probably see my nail length change in the posts.  Hopefully you don't mind!

'Til next time...







No comments: