Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Vivid Lacquer Koi Fish & Zoya Robyn

Hey there!  First ultimate game done and no broken nails (thanks to the chop job I did on them)...only about 35 games to go!  It probably helps that I had to wear gloves because it was a balmy 4 C (39 F) plus wind.  I wish we had nice warm springs like I hear other cities have.  Anyways, enough whining...today I have something to share that was inspired by this Chickettes manicure.  I loved the sparkly fish she created so I tried to emulate her with these cross-nail stamping decals using a fish image from Vivid Lacquer VL012.  .


I started with a base of Zoya Robyn.  This is two coats plus top coat.  Love the creamy formula of this one.  


The decals were made to stamping different regions of the image and filling in with Nubar Oro (gold) and Arencia (orange).  My fish ended up being a bit more extended than it should have so I could cross it over four nails so it looks like a bit of an eel-fish hybrid.  Oh well, at least it's shiny :-)




That's all for today.  Not too many words today.

'Til next time...








No comments: