Monday, August 25, 2014

piCture pOlish Blog/Insta Fest 2014!

Hey there!  I've never been as excited for a post as I am for today's post.  Today is Picture Polish's annual Blog Fest.  Just in case you haven't noticed, I'm a huge fan of the Picture Polish brand with all of their innovative colors and finishes.  As such, I'm so honored to have been chosen to be amongst the many talented bloggers that are participating this year.  


2014's Blog Fest posts are divided into two parts.  Part 1 is a review of one of Picture Polish's amazing shades.  Part 2 is the creation of some nail art using two Picture Polish shades featuring the use of Nail Vinyls.


Part 1

For part 1, I was given Bewitch, a blogger collaboration shade from a fellow Canadian blogger, The Obsessed.  Bewitch is a purple-leaning brown with a scattered holographic finish and a strong golden shimmer as you can see in the photo below.


For this swatch I used two easy coats of Bewitch and top coat.  With the first coat, the purple colour of the jelly base is apparent.  With the second coat, it appears to be more of a warm, vampy brown.  Perfect for autumn.  




In this macro shot, you can really see the holographic particles and the shimmer that set this colour apart from other browns in my collection.


To show more of the scattered holographic effect, here is a photo taken in direct light.  Check out that sparkle.  


Part 2

For part 2, I was given Chillax and Bonkers, both from the Urban Shades collection, and mini chevron Nail Vinyls.  We were given the option of also using a black/white polish for our nail art.  I also used a pair of tweezers to place the nail vinyls and an angled clean up brush.


When it came to creating some nail art with only the items provided, I was tempted to come up with some wild design with zig zags going in all directions but instead I decided to just showcase how easy nail vinyls are to work with.  



To create this look, I started with a white base (1).  Once that was fully dry, I used the tweezers to place the mini chevron Nail Vinyls at an angle (2).  Make sure the stickers are well secured otherwise you can get some bleeding underneath and at the edges.  Then I went over the Nail Vinyls with Chillax on the top half of my nail and Bonkers on the bottom half (3).  Then, immediately I removed the Nail Vinyls, cleaned up the edges and finished it with top coat (4).  If you wait for the polish to dry, you're more likely to get lifting at the edges of the polish.





I really hope you guys like what I came up with.  

Thank you to Picture Polish for providing me with this thrilling opportunity to participate in this year's Blog Fest!  Don't forget to give Picture Polish and Nail Vinyls some love by following these links.  

Picture Polish
International Stockists: http://picturepolish.com.au/network

Nail Vinyls

'Til next time...






No comments: