Thursday, August 21, 2014

Stained Glass Nail Art

Hey there!  As the title suggests, today's post is my take on stained glass.  I've seen so many awesome stained glass nail art looks so I decided to give it a shot...with stamping, of course.  So for these I used Winstonia W206 and the 10.1 Polish Icing collection.



Because I wanted these to maintain a slightly jelly-like appearance, I started with 2 coats of 10.1 Polish Coconut Bliss (the white jelly) instead of an opaque white.  Then I stamped with Winstonia W206 and used the leadlight technique and the rest of the Icing Collection (except for Black Licorice) to fill in the areas.




While these didn't turn out exactly as I had envisioned, they must have still looked like stained glass because when I showed people, that's what they said.  Success!  

Now I'm off to my last regular season ultimate game for the summer.  I can't believe summer is almost over!

'Til next time...



No comments: