Thursday, September 11, 2014

31DC2014 Day 11 - Fall-Toned Dots Shower

Hey there!  Since I've already done a polka dot look for the 31 Day Challenge I was browsing Pinterest, looking across inspiration for what to do for for the official Polka Dots day.  I came across this awesome manicure by Raggio di Luna that she called "Dots Shower".  I loved it so much that I tried to do a similar look with an autumn colour palette.



I started with two coats of OPI My Vampire is Buff.  I don't know why I was so late jumping on the My Vampire is Buff train.  I've been loving it lately even though it's not a new polish, it's from the Spring 2013 collection.  Then I freehanded some messy half moons with Revlon Fall Mood.


For the dots I used Zoya Pepper (brick red) and Louise (brown).  I deliberately tried to make them go from large to small but I messed up a few here and there when I had to go back over them.  



I'm really loving fall colours lately so I'm sure I'll be having more of my challenge mani's be a bit more fall-toned but definitely not all of them.  I love my brights too!

'Til next time...



No comments: