Friday, October 10, 2014

Torn Flesh Nail Art and Pretty Serious Love Bite

Hey there!  To celebrate the season premiere of The Walking Dead this weekend, I've done some torn flesh nails (I'm even wearing them at work today) inspired by Pack-a-Punch Polish.  So if you only like pretty nails, I suggest you look away right now.  They're kind of disgusting.



I loved how Pack-a-Punch Polish did these.  Really the only thing I changed was the type of red polish I used.  She used a bright red creme but I thought a dark red jelly would make it look even grosser.  I picked Pretty Serious Love Bite.  Even though it has a jelly formula, this is only two coats. And no top coat.  It's so shiny that I think that might be my reflection on the middle finger.


Then I added 2 quick coats of OPI You're So Vainilla, 1 coat of OPI Samoan Sand and 1 coat of Essie Matte About you and let them dry for a couple of minutes before I started pulling at them with a dotting tool.  I either let them dry too long or not long enough because I pulled up so much of the red that I had a lot of naked nail showing so I went back in and added a bit more Love Bite to the holes.  This made it look even more like blood clots...ewwwww!



And just to show how wrinkled and torn this really looks, here's a close up.  


I texted a picture of this to a friend last night and his reaction was "what happened to your hands?" so I'll call this an early-Halloween/Walking Dead success.  It's even grosser than last year's Walking Dead nails that I did.  

*edit* I ended up getting so busy that I had to wear these for three whole days *gasp* and they got even more grotesque.  They ended up cracking and some of the red started showing through making them look bruised too.  So I ended up looking like my hands got caught in a blender for: 1. two dinners with friends, 2. drinks and movie with another friend, 3. my family's Thanksgiving dinner and 4. a memorial for the anniversary of a friend's passing (thank goodness it was outside in the dark). Here's how they looked when I finally took them off.  



'Til next time...








No comments: