Wednesday, November 26, 2014

10.1 Polish Frosted Sheers Leadlighting

Press  Sample

Hey there!  Last week I posted a gradient I had done with the 10.1 Polish Frosted Sheers and mentioned how much I had loved playing with them.  Today I wanted to show you how versatile these are and share some leadlighting I did using them MoYou London Explorer-03.  I've seen some fantastic examples of manis using these images and wanted to try it out myself.



I've had this plate for ages but I'm always intimidated when I have to centre an image but it turned out okay here (hooray!).  For the stamping polish I used Mundo de Unas Black over a white base (Sally Hansen OMGhost that I picked up this past Halloween).  I used 2 of the images from MoYou London Explorer-03 and only had to re-do one nail when I couldn't get it centred.  Thank you to whoever said you can remove MDU stamping with tape if you're quick about it!  



For the leadlighting I used four of the Frosted Sheers polishes:  Ocean Mist (blue), New Skyline (purple), Evergreen (green) and Reservation (teal).  These have the perfect opacity for leadlighting but because they are holo, you can see that the sparkle over the black stamping (unlike if you were just using plain jellies).  But this is really only noticeable close up and most people don't look at my nails from an inch away...well except for you guys, haha!  



If you're interested in the Frosted Sheers collection, you can pick them up here.  And you can also follow them on Facebook or Instagram to get sneak peaks of new collections and other news.

'Til next time...






No comments: