Sunday, November 9, 2014

Sunday Stamping - Wildlife Nail Art

Hey there!  Today's nails work as a 2-for-1 challenge post.  This week's Sunday stamping theme is Wildlife Nails AND The Crumpet's Nail Tart's 52 Week Challenge theme is Wild Animals/Yellow.  I suppose I could post two wildlife mani's in one week but I love how these turned out so much that I didn't think I could top them.  This is one of my favorite stamping plates: MoYou London Explorer -10.  I've used it before but I only posted it on Instagram so I figured I could definitely use it again for these themes over a fan brush base.



I started with 2 coats of a yellow-ish base, China Glaze Kalahari Kiss.  This fall I was driving past a farmer's field and realized I didn't have a wheat-colored polish so I ordered this one from Nail Polish Canada.  I still haven't used it for anything remotely related to a farmer's field so I figured I would use it for this safari theme instead.


Then I used a fan brush and tried to make a gradient with China Glaze Kalahari Kiss, Recycle and Fasttrack along with OPI The "It" Color, Rimmel Goddess, Pure Ice Superstar!,   .  It didn't turn out to be a gradient in the least but I love how it did turn out.  


Then I did some simple stamping with MoYou London Explorer -10 using MDU Black.  Finished it with HK Girl and tada!  A little safari on my hands...



That's all for today.  Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

'Til next time...



No comments: