Monday, January 19, 2015

Smoky Nail Art

Hey there!  I decided to go out on limb a bit for this week's 52 Week Pick n Mix Challenge.  The themes for this week are "green and yellow" and/or fire.  I thought I'd go with the old saying of "where there's smoke, there's fire" and do this green and yellow smoky nail art.  Kind of look like the beginning of Breaking Bad, don't you think?



To get this, I used a base of A England Camelot and then used Rica Whiteout to make the smoky pattern.  I followed this great tutorial by Chalkboard Nails to use acetone and a small paint brush to change some white lines into smoke.  If you haven't tried it, you should.  It's really easy.


To add the yellow and green colors, I did some reverse leadlighting with some sheer yellows and greens I have.  The polishes I used are 10.1 Polish Lemon Cupcake and Kiwi Delight, Esmaltes da Kelly yellow and green Soap Bubbles and Nfu Oh JS34.  I tried to blend the colors together by overlapping them a bit but the green on my pinky still doesn't fit in.  Oh well.  



Well that's all for this fine Monday afternoon.  Thanks for stopping by!

'Til next time...



No comments: