Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Inspired by My Bathroom Frog

Hey there!  So how's that for an odd post title?  I'm always looking around for things to inspire my nail art.  In this case, it's this goofy metallic frog from Bed, Bath & Beyond that my sister and I have in our bathroom.  I think it's meant to be outdoor artwork but for some reason we thought he belonged in our bathroom so that's where he hangs.  Do you like how I've assigned a random gender to an inanimate object?    



I like this frog because he has so many patterns that I've seen on stamping plates.  So I've always meant to try to match my nails to it and I finally did.  


If you didn't know what inspired this mani, it would look totally random.  The yellow is Mentality Opaque (meant to be a stamping polish but it applied okay as regular polish.  On top of that I added some sporadic black dots with Mundo de Unas Black and LilyAnna 01.  Then, once that was dry, I used Nail Vinyls and Sally Hansen Back to Black to add the black stripes.


For the teal nails, I used China Glaze Adore and then distressed them a bit with the dry brush technique using Essie Aruba Blue.  I stamped the flowers from MoYou London Kitty -02 and swirls from Born Pretty BP-07 with Models Own Chrome Green.  Unfortunately they didn't show up as green as I would have liked.


And lastly, on my thumb I added some silver dots with Essie No Place like Chrome to match his polls dot legs.  All that was topped off with HK Girl top coat.  


What's the weirdest thing you've gotten inspiration from for your nails?  I think this one might be my most obscure inspiration!

'Til next time...










No comments: