Sunday, April 5, 2015

Sunday Stamping - Pink & Teal

Hey there!  Happy Easter to those of you who celebrate it or, for those who don't, happy Sunday!  This week's Sunday stamping theme is "pink & teal".  Anytime I think of those colors together I think of the tropics so I did more tropical flower stamping for this theme.  I actually wore pink & teal nails twice this week since the first ones didn't work out so well as you'll see at the end of this post.   



For the base color I used Parrot Polish Glow Hot Lips.  As you can see above, it glows like the dickens but it's so neon that this is not remotely color-accurate and I'm not good enough at Photoshop to adjust it to the neon pink that it really is.   So try to imagine this as highlighter pink, not the Barbie pink that it's appearing as.  I used two coats over a white base here.


For the stamping I used Mundo de Unas Fiji (#61).  This was actually the second time I used this stamping polish this week.  I must be in a teal mood.  It stamps like a dream.


The stamping images are all from Dashica Infinity-45.  This plate is nice because it has the mirror images for some of the images so I could stamp my middle and ring fingers as the reverse of each other.  And then I finished with a coat of HK Girl.



As, just because GITD photos are so fun, here's another glowy picture of it.


As I mentioned at the beginning, my first version of this mani didn't turn out so well.  I'd had Dance Legend Learning to Fly on my untried list for quite awhile and I wanted something sparkly so I wore the stamping over it the first time.  But it's so darn sparkly that it hides the stamping.  So I filed my nails (hence the different nail lengths) and did it again.  I really need to learn to file my nails more often so I don't have such drastically different nail lengths from post to post.


'Til next time...


No comments: