Monday, May 4, 2015

Color Club Foxy Mama Nail Art

Hey there!  This week's 52 Week Pick n Mix Challenge prompts are Orange and Outlines.  I wasn't entirely sure what outlines meant.  I've seen some FABULOUS manis with the whole nail outlined but those are way too intimidating for me.  I envisioned myself ending up as one of those Pinterest Nailed It memes.  So I stuck with something simple and just outlined a stripe down my nail.  And, as a personal bonus, they ended up having the same colors as my city's hockey team...possibly intentionally :-P



Even if my "outline" falls short of inspired, I definitely hit the orange prompt.  I used 3 coats of Color Club Foxy Mama, a shimmery neon orange from last year's summer collection.  It's even brighter than my photos are showing.


Down the middle of the two nails I used Rica Whiteout to create the white stripe and then used blue acrylic paint to outline it.  I added a few heart-shaped orange glitters that I bought from Dollar Nail Art.  Topped that off with HK Girl and it was done and done!  


'Til next time...

No comments: