Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Teal and Lilac Dotticure

Hey there!  Today I have another instalment of the Crumpet's Nail Tarts 52 Week Pick n Mix Challenge.  One of this week's theme is "lilac and teal" so I used is as an opportunity to pair the Girly Bits/Glam Polish It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere duo in an easy dotticure.



Like I said this was easy peasy.  I used a white base of KBShimmer Eyes White Open and then added dots of the teal (Girly Bits Islands In The Sun) and lilac (Glam Polish Ocean Air & Salty Hair) and then topped with HK Girl.



The hardest part of this mani was photographing it.  Both of these polishes are glitters in a coloured base but when I tried to use my DSLR camera, the glitters photographed really prominently but the base color of the dots didn't.  So I ended up using my phone.  Turns out that phone camera is better than the expensive camera sometimes...who knew?!


Currently this duo is sold out on Harlow & Co. but I don't think there's a plan to discontinue it so check back here often to see if it's available.  Or, better yet, sign up for the newsletter to see when it'll be restocked.  

'Til next time...



No comments: