Saturday, June 13, 2015

Pink and Lilac Rose Nail Art

Hey there!  Phew, that was a heck of a Digit-al Dozen week...so much fun!  I decided to hold off until today to post my mani for this week's Crumpet's Nail Tart's 52 Week Pick n Mix Challenge themes since I didn't want you guys to get sick of reading my blabbing by double posting again.  So I'm doing a rare Saturday post to show you guys what I did for the Pink and Lilac/Roses prompts.  This is my first time trying to freehand roses and I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised at how they turned out.



Instead of using a regular creme base like I would normally pick for something like this, I pretended by be daring by picking one of my untried's, Emily de Molly's Tread Lightly.  I adore her Forces trio with their circle glitter so I jumped on this one when I saw it but, for some reason, never used it.  This is 3 coats of Tread Lightly with top coat.  Pretty, isn't it?


To paint the pink roses, I used Rica Pinky Promise, Seche Opulent and OPI Mod About You.  


For the Lilac roses, I used Rica Sugar Plum Fairy, OPI Vant To Bite My Neck? and Glitter Gal Booze Bus.  The light purple doesn't show up as well as the light pink did but it's there, I promise.  


And laslty I added a few leaves with Rica Summer Mint and OPI Christmas Plaid.  And all that was topped with HK Girl.  It looked a bit like a old curtain or couch but I loved them either way.


I hope you're having a fabulous Saturday!  Now go enjoy your weekend!

'Til next time...









No comments: