Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Uberchic Beauty The Wild West 01 Review

Press  Sample

Hey there!  It's not exactly news that I love UberChic Beauty's stamping plates.  They recently came out with a few new specialty plates and I was lucky enough to be sent them for review.  As always the quality is superb - an absolute joy to play with.  I came up with the following two mani's to test out this plate.  Keep reading to see all the details.



UberChic Beauty's full nail images measure 17 x 21 mm (the largest single images that I know of on the market).  The Wild West -01 plate is chock full of images inspired by the West (old school and current, in my opinion) and the Southwest (with the tribal-type patterns that scream New Mexico to me, even though I've never been there...so please forgive me if I'm mistaken).  I'm from what most would consider the most "country" province in Canada so a lot of these images feel like home to me even though I'm not a cowgirl at all.  She even managed to sneak in a couple of her epic floral images here.  I know those appeal to a lot of people.  Below you can see a scan of the plate I received.   


For the first mani I did a sunset gradient stamped with a few of the individual images in silhouette with Mundo de Unas Black.  For the base I used OPI The "It" Color, Coca-Cola Red and Lost My Bikini in Molokini.  When I was cleaning up, some of my base started peeking though near my cuticles so I painted a bit more purple in (you can see where it isn't blended).  Normally that would drive me crazy but I really loved how these turned out.  I hope you do too!  


Along the bottom I just used black acrylic paint to create a horizon (except on the cactus nail since the grass is included in that image).  Everything was finished with HK Girl top coat.  



For the second mani, I used one of the Aztec-type patterns and made stamping decals.  Again I used Mundo de Unas Black (I go through so much of this stuff).  For the colors I used Cult Nails New Day, Zoya Arizona (appropriately) and Pepper.  


The colors in this mani is more autumn-feeling but I refuse to wear my nails based on season.  I think everyone should wear what they want, when they want.  Again, I finished with HK Girl top coat.  I also tried them matte but it made the bubbles in my decals stand out way too much.



As I mentioned at the top of this post, UberChic Beauty's stamping plates have never failed to impress me.  The new specialty plates are really fun and definitely worth checking out.  

Price: $14.99/plate 
Available on UberChic Beauty's website

'Til next time...

No comments: