Wednesday, November 11, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen does Inspired by Pinterest/Magazines - Day 3 Lip Print Stamping

Hey there!  For the third day of The Digit-al Dozen's week devoted to Pinterest/magazines, I have a complete copycat of one of the first stamping manis I ever saw and fell in love with.  This design was originally done by Chloe's Nails as a Konad stamping tutorial (back when stamping was brand new).  It might have even been what motivated me to go down the rabbit hole that is nail stamping...and I'm so glad I did!  I adored this look so much that this isn't even the first time I've redone it.  I first tried it back in 2013, before I started my blog, so this was the perfect excuse to do it again so I could share it during a Digit-al Dozen week.  



This is the original Pin that links back to Chloe's Nails blog.  But how I first saw this stamping was on one of those big collage photos (that probably completely steals from bloggers and removes their watermarks so I don't want to link it here).  I will however say that that collage did introduce me to a lot of nail art from taped manis to stamping ones like this.  

image source

For my copy of this, I started with 2 coats of A England Camelot and then stamped with the lip image from Bundle Monster BM-002 with Sally Hansen Chrome Red (which I bought off eBay entirely to copy these since I had never seen something that stamped so perfectly over black) and Essie No Place Like Chrome.  To pat myself on the back, look at that placement!  I had just received my order of the Clear Jelly Stamper and wowzers it makes placement easy for these individual images!  


The original mani definitely has a shiny top coat but I opted to skip the top coat on mine because I like the tiny bit of texture the stamping had.  It looks more like real lip prints to me.  


Isn't it great how sometimes the simplest nail art is the best?  Now we can see what wonders the other DD girls have brought us for the middle of this Pinterest/magazine week.

'Til next time...



No comments: