Saturday, February 13, 2016

Messy Mansion Valentine's Day Stamping

Hey there!  I saw on Instagram that Messy Mansion is having a Valentine's Day contest using their plates which was perfect timing for me.  I've purchased a lot of stamping plates over the years (including many Messy Mansion plates) so sometimes it's hard to decide which ones to use.  This contest helped me narrow it down and I did what is possibly the most bizarre (anti)-Valentine's Day manis ever.  The idea of dinosaurs and Valentine's got in my head and I couldn't get it out.  I think my coworkers thought I was nuts yesterday when I was wearing this.


I was going to start with the standard V-Day look but I just love the dinos too much!  It's my own tragic anthropomorphized interspecies love story.  I started with two coats of Zoya Tilda and then I started stamping.  First I used MM47 and Mundo de Unas Green for the background.  The dinosaurs and meteor are also from MM47.  The "true love" wording is from MM03, the hearts from MM31 and the little flower the T-rex is holding is from MM49.  In other words, I used A LOT of Messy Mansion plates for this mani! 


My original plan was just to have dinosaurs in love but I must have been feeling bitter on Thursday so I added the meteor.  I guess I have a mean streak, haha!  


Normally this kind of layered stamping would've been a pain but since the clear stampers have taken off, it was pretty easy.  Especially now that I can do advanced stamping straight off the stamper.  Someone gave me the suggestion of using foil glue to get the image to definitely stick to the nail and it has worked 100% of the time.  I love it!  


Compared to the dinos, my first mani looks so plain.  I wore it for a couple days last week and really liked it but now it pales in comparison.  


For these I started with A England Camelot (black) and KBShimmer Eyes White Open (white) and made decals with Messy Mansion MM31 and Lacquistry Rediculous.  I wanted a sparkly red and this is a gorgeous sparkly red!  



Thanks for stopping by!  Wish me luck in the contest.  I can't imagine I'll win but I'm still thankful someone narrowed down my choices for Valentine's plates this past week.

'Til next time...


No comments: