Friday, March 18, 2016

The Digit-al Dozen does Spring/40 Great Nail Art Ideas 3 Shades of Green

Hey there!  I'm so proud of today's look.  It's one of my personal favourites that I've ever done.  And I managed to combine three prompts which is always fun!  If you've been following along this week, you'll know that the Digit-al Dozen are celebrating the beginning of spring since the first day of the new season is on Sunday.  In addition to that, the 40 Great Nail Art Ideas group is using three shades of green and I have the personal prompt of reciprocal gradient.  Normally I don't love reciprocal gradients, possibly because I'm too impatient to do two gradients, but I'm starting to really like them with certain patterns of vinyls.  In order to make my reciprocal gradient spring-themed, I purchased some awesome leaf vinyls from Snail Vinyls.  The trees starting to turn green is one of my favourite parts of spring so I think I managed to get all three themes combined.  I'm including both the matte and glossy versions here because I really couldn't choose which way I liked more.



For my three shades of green, the colors I used were OPI That's Hula-rious, Zoya Tilda and OPI Christmas Gone Plaid.  


As I mentioned, the vinyls I used are the Autumn Leaf Vinyls from Snail Vinyls.  I thought it was funny that Autumn is in their name and I'm using them for spring.  I'll definitely be using them again come fall.  An autumn version of this could be awesome.


The glossy version was finished with HK Girl and the matte version had a coat of Essie Matte About You on top.   


I think it even looks pretty good close up...a virtual miracle for me using vinyls!  


So that brings us to the end of another Digit-al Dozen week.  I hope you've enjoyed it.  If you're still loving the spring designs, the rest of the ladies' manis can be found in the links below.  



'Til next time...



No comments: