Tuesday, April 5, 2016

UberChic Beauty The Far East -02 Stamping Plate Review

Press  Sample

Hey there!  Today I have one of UberChic Beauty's awesome single plates to review, The Far East -02.  While I do LOVE UberChic's collections, these individual plates are always fun.  Brittany manages to come up with images that fit a cohesive theme while not necessarily constraining the user to it.  While this plate is certainly Asian-themed, I think that only one of the three manis I'm posting today entirely fits the theme.  Keep reading to see how I've done these...


As I mentioned, The Far East -02 is an individual plate (in other words, not sold in a collection) from UberChic Beauty.  As the numbering implies, this is the second Far East plate that has been released to date.  It measures 9.5 x 14.5 cm with the full name images measuring 17 x 21 mm so they should fit most nail sizes.  Some images are definitively Asian (coins, characters) but a lot of these images are very versatile.  And look at those adorable Kawaii faces (left column, fourth down)!    As always, I had zero images stamping any of these UberChic images.



I have to admit I'm pretty smitten with how this first mani turned out.  For the gradient, I started with OPI Good Grief and then gradiented with Toucan Do It If You Try and She's a Bad Muffuletta!  I stamped my middle nail normally but for my ring finger, I wanted to sort of continue the bridge so I made a decal with stamping from the right half of the image and then stamped again with the very right-hand part, attempting to line up the bridge (thank you clear stampers!).  Not bad eh?  




My second mani is the only one I would say is definitely Asian.  For this base I used white (Ella & Mila True Love) and then did a Sharpie mani with beige and brown markers and rubbing alcohol.  I stamped with Mundo de Unas Chocolate.  Again I made a decal for my ring finger, because I wanted a mirror image of that lady.  This one is finished with Essie Matte About You.  




For the final look, I did some reverse leadlighting using Mundo de Unas White over Sally Hansen Black to Black.  Then I coloured in the image with Esmaltes da Kelly Soap Bubbles in Soft Azul, Vert, Roxo, Rosa and Laranja.  I like the UberChic images are large enough that I can make my nails all a little bit different.  



That's all for today.  I'm such a fan girl that I really never have anything bad to say about UberChic's products and The Far East -02 is no exception.  It's a great quality product so, if the image appeal to you, I highly recommend it.  You can follow UberChic Beauty to get all the latest news with the links below.  

$14.99/plate
Available at UberChic Beauty

'Til next time...


No comments: