Friday, July 15, 2016

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Insects

Hey there!  This week's 40 Great Nail Art Ideas prompt is a fun one - insects!  Or maybe it's just a fun one for me since I have a strange love/hate relationship with bugs.  On one hand, I hate them buzzing around me but, on the other hand, I kind of enjoy hunting them down and taking photos of them at the lake (it's a good way to play with my macro lens for something other than my nails).  I had tried to do some beetle nails for this week but they were a fail so my sister suggested mosquitoes with splatter and I took her advice, as you can see.




I'm one of the fortunate ones who does really get affected by mosquitoes.  I used to think they didn't bite me at all (because I'm secretly made of poison) but now I'm thinking I just don't react to their bites.  I can see when I have tiny marks from bites but I don't itch anymore.  How lucky am I?


For these I used a base of KBShimmer In Bare Form and then painted my cartoon mosquito acrylic paint mostly.  I used China Glaze Ravishing, Dahling in the mosquito as well as for the splatter.  I swore I'd never use red in a splatter again since it's impossible to clean up but I guess I lied to myself.  



I thought they turned out pretty cute.  I'm not sure my mosquito REALLY looks like a mosquito (more of a chimera with a bumble bee) but I like him anyway.  You can see everyone else's bugs down below.  I can't wait to check them out myself!  

'Til next time...



No comments: