Thursday, November 17, 2016

The Digit-al Dozen does Color Contrasts: Stamping on Textured Polish

Hey there!  It's almost the end of The Digit-al Dozen's Color Contrasts week.  If you've seen mine so far this week, you'd probably think I'd have red and green paired up today.  But I'm saving that one for tomorrow (and hoping I get a stamping plate I'm waiting for in the mail tonight so I can actually do what I have planned).  For today, I did ALL the complementary colors in one mani.  I wanted a yin yang-style reverse image and found this leaf image on a Born Pretty plate.  It worked for what I wanted but holy it was tough to get the image to work!



I wanted to do this stamping over textured polishes just as a little twist since I don't usually use textured polish.  Most of them are Zoya Pixie Dust polishes (Chyna, Liberty and Solange - which looks more gold than yellow in my photos for some reason).  The one exception is the white which is OPI Solitaire.  


The stamping was done with Born Pretty BPL-024 and Mundo stamping polishes in Avocado, Geranium, Purple and Black.  I did end up top coating these but was happy I took pics without top coat first.  I definitely liked it more like this.  


Like I said, I had issues getting the stamping to work.  Usually the first thing I'd do would be to shake the heck out of my Mundos but, sadly, my shaker was broken.  But, happy day, I got it back yesterday so I'm back to shaking all the polishes!  


Thanks for stopping by today.  Cross your fingers that I get that plate in the mail today so I can combine my last Digit-al Dozen Color Contrast with tomorrow's Nail Crazies Unite prompt.  For now, check out the rest of the DD ladies Day 4 designs in the links below.

'Til next time...


No comments: