Friday, March 2, 2018

26 Great Nail Art Ideas - Made On A Mat

Hey there!  The design I have for you today is possibly the most commented on (in real life) mani I've done in ages.  Keep in mind, these were only commented on by my coworkers who are normally pretty blind to my nail polish hobby.  I think I know why they noticed them which I'll explain in a second.  This week's 26 Great Nail Art Ideas prompt was Made On A Mat/Plastic.  I'd been dying to do some fluid nail art like the amazing Kyong Lee seems to have mastered.  I followed her video and came up with some pretty cool "cells".



I started with a base of 2 coats Sinful Colors Snow Me White.  Then I poured Snow Me White, Black on Black, Sally Hansen Show Steel-er and Dance Legend Spot It! in black and white on a silicon mat (those Spot It polishes are the key for the fluid nail art.  I tilted the mat around and squished it together (which made everything very grey...unsurprisingly), waited until dry and applied as decals.  I used Clearly On Top to finish it.


The reason I think so many of my coworkers noticed these is because this black and white mani looked so much like brain electron microscopy.  I work in the field of prion biology so we see a lot of photos tissue with holes in it (since that's what prions do to our brain).  


Here's an example of what I'm talking about that I took from the internet:

image source
Seriously, don't those look pretty similar?!  I thought it was totally cool but I might be biased towards the nerd end of things.  


I truly can't wait to see what the group has come up with for this prompt.  These silicone mats have made such fun things possible so we should get a fun variety!  

'Til next time...









No comments: