Thursday, March 15, 2018

The Digit-al Dozen Does Stamping - Powder Stamping

Hey there!  As much as I love stamping, sometimes I forget about some of the cool techniques we do to get fun images on our nails.  So for the Digit-al Dozen's stamping week, I decided each day was going to show a different technique.  Here I have a relatively new one - stamping with powders with just a side of a gradient.  I find the Magic Shifting Powders from Whats Up Nails to be the best on the markets so that's what I used here.



As many colors as ended up here, this mani was super simple to do.  I started with two coats of A England Camelot (yes, you just use regular polish for powder stamping).  Once that was dry, I added a coat of KBShimmer Oh Matte since this seems to work better with a matte base.  


I really just smoothed a bit of the Magic Shifting Powders I have (Ocean, Rainforest, Fairy, Mirage, Suntan, Sunset, Paradise) from Whats Up Nails onto my Big Bling stamper in random places.  


Then I picked up a polka dot image from UberChic Beauty 7-01 with Mundo de Unas Black and then rolled the powder-covered stamper over the image.  Only the parts of the powder that has polish sticking to it will transfer to the nail.  You end up with some fallout in between the images but that's minor.  Then I finished with HK Girl top coat.  


It doesn't create a really smooth chrome-like look but it's still pretty darn cool that you can get these chrome powders onto your nail using stamping.  Neat!

The rest of the crew's fourth DD manis for this stamping theme can be found in the Inlinkz before.  Take a gander!

'Til next time...



No comments: